Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 10th: Return to the Society

Well, I went back to the Nebraska State Historical Society (NSHS) and talked with the lead archivist about taking pictures for free. I do not have a budget to work on this history project, and I am sure the City Lincoln doesn't have a lot of money to spend. If the City Council reprimands the fire department for using colored ink on their annual report, then I can safely assume I should not expect funding for pictures with the LCHR history project.

Anyways, I went to look for more pictures on the history of civil rights in Lincoln. Yet again, I was disappointed to find a smaller/irrelevant selection of pictures of Lincoln's civil rights history. I looked through hundreds of photos, but I was not satisfied with what I found.

I decided that I might have more luck by looking online or somewhere else. Also, I will try to talk with actual civil rights activists in Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment